PPEF (Paris Public Education Foundation)
What is PPEF?
The Paris Public Education Foundation (PPEF) is a tax-exempt nonprofit
organization. Its membership includes local civic and community leaders, former
educators, businessmen, and others interested in the success of Paris Schools.
Its Mission: To develop and foster a supporting community relationship
with the Paris R-II School District by offering teacher and school grants and
other resources/services not now available to the school.
What are the Goals of PPEF?
1. To support and enhance policies established by the local school board.
2. To improve communication and provide a liaison between the school and
3. To restore and build public confidence in the school and broaden its
4. To obtain financial and nonfinancial resources for the school.
5. To support school improvement strategies.
6. To promote academic excellence through creative teaching and innovative
What has PPEF been doing?
- Providing grants: Since its formation in 1993, PPEF has made approximately
40 grants totaling more than $15,000 to ' teachers to meet unfunded needs
and improve their teaching environment, provide equipment, or give students
opportunities they would not otherwise receive. Grants have run the gamut
from microscopes and camcorders to resources for parent-involvement projects
and computer teaching software to CPR aids, art lithographs, and play
kitchen equipment. We have also funded special summer learning opportunities
- Managing scholarship funds for the school and select recipients.
- Supervising funds for the formation of a vocational agricultural program.
- Providing volunteers from its membership for an after-school homework lab
- Arranging for transfer of used computer equipment from a community
business to the school.
- Overseeing a Speakers' Bureau: to share the knowledge about
professions, occupations, or hobbies to enrich children's lives and
contribute to their education.
What Can You Do?
Join us! PPEF is always looking for new members who care about the well-being
of the Paris School System and have suggestions for new ways to support our
teachers. We always need volunteers for the Speakers' Bureau, homework labs, and
Provide financial support!:
- Individual contributions: We are supported nearly exclusively by gifts from
businesses, organizations, and individual citizens. Again we are a 501C(3)
nonprofit organization, and your gift is tax exempt. If you are a Paris
graduate, please remind the other members of your class about PPEF at class
- Memorials: Consider memorials to PPEF following the death of family
members who were interested in the well-being of Paris Schools during their
" Bequests: A small request in a will
might make a little difference to you or your heirs but could enable PPEF to
fund a grant that would make a major impact on a classroom.
- Give us your ideas! We welcome your input regarding issues that we should
be assisting with, projects that might improve our school, or
Whom Should I Contact?
Paris Public Education Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box. 38 Paris, Mo 65275
Revised Wednesday, March 25, 2009